Living the Good Life Along the Bavarian Beer Trail, October 19-29, 2018
Space is Limited. Contact us now for information and availability.
A Pro-Level Tour: Discover Top Women Brewers, Hidden Craft and Monastic Breweries, Slow Food and Extraordinary Highlights on This One-of-a-Kind Study Tour
Presented in Cooperation with the Pink Boots Society. Partner: the Bavarian Association of Private Breweries
A different kind of Beer Tour. Go straight to the beating heart of Europe’s beer country and experience the enchanting world of beer and brewing behind the scenes. Quaff your way from brewery to tap to beer cellar and experience the pleasures of the local table. Meet pioneering women brewers and craft beer artisans. Enjoy a traditional fall Kirchweih festival and rock to live music under the Bavarian sky. Trek from brewery to brewery on a beer expedition through Franconia. An insider’s expedition, packed with unforgettable experiences.
Beer With Passion and PrideExplore rare beer destinations and sample award-winning beers. Bypass the industrial breweries and scout out family-run breweries that have been in business for 400 years. Meet innovative New Wave beer-makers. Heft a mug of Zoigl beer (the real one!), quaff Kellerbier, outrageous Bocks, copper Lagers and very un-German IPAs. Connect with the brewers, hear their stories. Learn the secrets of a craft well executed and a life well lived. Experience Germany as never before as you delve into the taste, history and culture of beer.
Food, History and CultureExperience one-of-a-kind food destinations, history and cultural highlights. Meet a master butcher and learn how to make Bratwurst in his workshop. Explore traditional German cuisine. Soak up the beauty of UNESCO World Heritage city Bamberg with its Medieval and Renaissance landmarks and unforgettable beer. Bask in the enchantment of the Bavarian countryside. Immerse yourself in good times, great food moments, amazing art and history!
- 10 nights/ 11 days
- Comfortable hotel for 10 nights with private bath (double occupancy)
- Daily breakfast, welcome dinner and special hops dinner
- Ground travel by coach with private driver, including airport transfers and transportation of your luggage; taxes, parking and road-use fees
- Tour prep materials
- Full itinerary, including brewery sessions, meetings with beer-makers and visits to taps and beer cellars — including traditional small-scale regional breweries, new-school craft beer-makers and abbey breweries
- Private Bratwurst workshop
- Professional briefing on Hallertau hops, private visit to a family-operated hops farm with tour, tasting of regional beers and family-style meal
- Zoigl brewhouse visit, brewery treks, special session with Germany’s legendary nun brewerster, Sister Doris, tours of two abbey breweries, visit to Bamberg, free time in Munich
- You’ll have the opportunity to taste an immense variety of artisanal beers at your own pace, including traditional lights and darks, Rauchbier, abbey beers, Zoigl beer, Bocks, Kellerbier, wheat beers and new craft brews, such as German IPAs and new-school Pilsners. Many of the beers you’ll experience are only available in Germany and some of them are only available at the breweries we visit
- Private guide/sherpa, ongoing support and help with translation throughout the trip
SPOTLIGHT ON… Under-the Radar Regional Breweries Including small family-owned breweries, abbey beers, award-winning house breweries and local brew pubs. ⇒MoreSPOTLIGHT ON… Ladies Who Lager Including the beer-brewing nun Sister Doris and the Meinel sisters who are rocking the Bavarian brewing scene with their amazing new-gen beers. ⇒More SPOTLIGHT ON… Germany’s New Craft Beer Scene CREW Republic and other pioneering craft brewers who are experimenting with new yeasts, different kinds of hops and innovative techniques. ⇒More SPOTLIGHT ON… Authentic Local Beer-Related Events Including a once-a-year fall village harvest festival with local food, live music and beery goings-on. SPOTLIGHT ON… Slow Food, Local Specialties and Eats That Pair With Beer Including an exclusive sausage seminar with the Bratwurst King of Bavaria. ⇒More SPOTLIGHT ON… Cultural and Historical Treasures The UNESCO World Heritage city Bamberg… The Spalt Hops Region… Cosmopolitan Munich and more.
Price: $3300 per person.
.The tour starts and ends in Frankfurt. The price is based on double occupancy. Single rooms are available for a surcharge of $310. Would you like to share a double room? Let us know if you’re interested and we’ll look for a simpatico fellow traveler who would like to share. Your hotel for the last night before you return and the trip to the airport are included, so you won’t have to scramble to find a place to stay or worry about dealing with taxis or shuttles in the morning before your return flight.
- Advance materials to help you get road-ready
- Airport transfers
- Guide and private driver, including ground transportation for group activities and transportation of your luggage
- Hotel for 10 nights (double occupancy); Single rooms available
- 9 meals (daily breakfast) and eats included with tastings
- Full itinerary, including Munich, Spalt, Reichertshausen and the Hallertau, Mallersdorf, Weltenburg, Bamberg, the Upper Palatinate, Hof, and stops in Upper Franconia
- Fall Festival (Kirchweih)
- Professional briefings
- Abbey visits
- Brewery/Tap visits and meetings with brewers
- Tastings offered by hosts
- Zoigl brewhouse visit
- Bratwurst seminar
- Translation and technical support
- All parking, taxes and road-use fees
Note: The tour and use of the beer tour pages are restricted to users 21 years of age and older.